Saturday, June 22, 2013

A New Desi Dream

So after years of contemplating on starting my own small little venture online for Indian apparel, my dream finally materialized nearly a week back. Being Desi is finally online. Whether the business would be a success or a failure is not known to me, but I just had to get it out of my system. That want to get out of my comfort zone, where everything is known and familiar, and strive for something even if I have no idea what the outcome would be. My family and I joined hands to make this dream come true and needless to say I am pretty excited, anxious, happy all at the same time. 

A special thanks goes to ALL my friends who liked my page and supported me in this venture, especially Abhinav Bhatt for helping me out with the logo. The response to the page has been overwhelming. A lot of likes are from young boys who I assume are more interested in the mannequin. Sigh. Anyway, she has been named Kalyani by yours truly because I just can't call her a 'dummy' or a 'mannequin'. I feel calling her as such would hurt her non existent feelings. 

Getting back to my dream, it would mean a lot to me if you guys could support my venture or suggest the page to your girl friends who are into online shopping.. or guy friends who are just interested at staring a cool looking mannequin (she IS pretty). This is the page: https://www.facebook.com/beingdesionline and here are some of the products:

Black and Pink Anarkali
Blue Anarkali
Color Block Saree

White and Blue Shimmer Chiffon Saree

Looking forward to interacting with you all there :) 

11 comments:

  1. Wish you all the best with your venture.
    May your desi venture reach global heights :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's probably nothing like the pure joy that comes with having a business of one's own. Many many congrats and Best wishes for your new venture :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! :D

    hope the venture is mast... and my fb gets unblocked from work so that i can access the collection n purchase stuff :-/////////////////////

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Dhans and all the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heyy congrats and all the very best for your new venture ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best Dhanya! I hope this will keep you very busy and successful! :)

    And, Thank you for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Dhanya...will definitely recommend it:-)).

    p.s: like wht 'I'll try to be truthful' wrote;-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for writing, I very much liked your newest post. I think you should post more frequently. you evidently have natural ability for blogging!
    Please don't forget to visit my blog
    http://tamboenman.blogspot.com
    thank you

    ReplyDelete

Scribble away....!