Monday, June 25, 2012

A New Love

Ever since I bought myself this little beauty, I have been restless and dreaming quite a bit about her. Wait.. Should I change its gender now that I have been dreaming about it? Hmmm..

Jokes apart, here's a pic of my new i10 Sportz! Whenever I look at this blushing red beauty, a smile appears on my face. Maybe because it reflects back my own hard work and maybe because it is THE most expensive thing I have purchased till date. I'm so proud even if it's just another car in the crowd. 

I have started driving around with dad in tow and it is the ultimate feeling of independence. This coming from someone who used to absolutely dread the Indian roads and who used to think driving is not for her. It was  eventually me telling myself "if others can do it, why can't I?" that led me to learn driving. That's the same mantra everyone should follow by the way - tell yourself that you're just as damned good as everyone else out there. You will see many more achievements coming your way THIS way! 


Now Dhanya's driving requires a whole new post altogether so I will keep the comical scenes for another time. Too sleepy and tired at the moment after having a hearty dinner of Pulao and Chicken. Zzzzz-ing already! 

8 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS DHANYA! So you finally got a dhanno for yourself! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me, girl! :) Maybe it is time I should get of those!
    Love the color, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new car. Yeah, driving does give quite an adrenaline rush....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I agree with the last part. That calls for a special new post altogether. I can maybe dub that Sreenivasan driving sequence in your language and your choice of words. Just to add some color. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and your carrrrrr :) looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool yaar... saw my own image in ur words when it comes to driving... i too wrote a post a year before about my learning saga of driving :) :)... & this post is simply awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so well understand. I too bought a new car, about a month back. With all this thing about diesel car Tax and expected price going up, i had to. Bought a hyundai i20 magna diesel. Absolutely love it. well, not the most expensive thing i bought ( renovated our ancestral property for double the price of the car) but still cant imagine my car getting a scratch. I am sure i will cry at the sight. Now cant decide if i love my wife and daughter more or the car. I think its the car. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats dhanya .. the car look beautiful

    drive safe and all the bestttttttttttt


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete

Scribble away....!