Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Month Filled with Surprises

The month of November was special. My sister's and niece's birthdays both fell on this very month and I took it upon myself to surprise them with gifts. The most difficult step in the whole process was finding a reliable online shopping site which offered their services in Dubai. I am familiar with a number of shopping sites in India, but finding one in the UAE was no mean feat. Eventually I did find one and I was pretty thrilled that it worked out the way it was meant to be. Sis and niece both loved their gifts -- so mission was a full, roaring success!

Gift to sis -


Gift for my niece (gift basket with an assortment of chocolates and games) -


Even though we are extremely lazy when it comes to sending over gifts -- it is totally worth the effort because a) your family or friends would be least expecting them from you since you're overseas b) for the happiness it brings you once they receive the surprise!

These gift surprises apart, I've got a lil surprise of myself to share too! I would say it's a surprise because I was least expecting to pass the exam :P But pass I did with an 88% in the fundamental exam and a 94% in the advanced level exam. I'm now a Google-certified professional folks! This exam is apparently the same type of exam that Google employees have to take for AdWords each year. So it feels quite awesome to know that I have passed something that the Googlers had to go through themselves. So yay me! :)

Hope all of you are doing great. Will touch base again soon!

26 comments:

  1. zooper ya.. :) And congratulations on your 94% :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow awesome :)
    I love the gifts and that teddy ooo so cute <3

    And congos for the exam :)
    Stay blessed and happy always :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey GCP...congrats...

    and surprise gifts for bdays are really awesome and special. u must've made their day dhanya...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome gifts! and congrats on passing the exam !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! I wish my sister is like you. Need a teddy now..
    Yay!! Congrats on your exam. Yay you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the certification!! :)

    I have been around and reading, but never stopped by to drop comments.

    I agree to the gifting to UAE..My sister is in Dubai and I failed miserably when I had to send her a diwali gift online. The shipping charges were more than the gift or even two gifts put together. Could you please let me know of any useful sites gifting from India to Dubai?

    Have a good day Dhanya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys! :)

    Sameera - I think it is more better if you search for gift stores located in Dubai itself instead of opting for the ones in India and relying on them to deliver the product to Dubai on time. I only wanted to purchase birthday gifts and I found them at a place online called Upscale and Posh which is a store located in Dubai itself. Google for it -- you will get the link :) They don't offer Indian sweets though :|

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being google certified.. and I love the gift decoration. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats !

    P.S. : Treat milega ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow..congratulations and that sounds big and very impressive even for a techy duh like me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 94% wowo .. Happy birthday to your niece and Sis.. Belated though..

    It was my birthday too this month :) yayyyyyyyyyy

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I didn't know there was something like a Google Certified Professional. Congrats on your success with flying colors!! Now we all know whom to contact for any Google doubts...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I didn't know there was something like a Google Certified Professional. Congrats on your success with flying colors!! Now we all know whom to contact for any Google doubts...:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dhanya, like the new profile pic. Seems like Swapna and nakshu had a sweeter birthday thanks to you. Who would not love to receive something like that from someone miles away. :D And many congrats on the google certification!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The gifts look so cute and awesome :) And Congrats on becoming a Google-certified professional :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i have nominated you for the versatile blogger award.. please have a look :)
    http://abuginmymind.wordpress.com/2011/12/24/an-award-for-the-restless-soul/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good to have you back !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations dear :)

    I too like surprises!! My birthday is in June :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dee - Thanks :) The gift decoration was not done by me. That was taken care of by Upscale and Posh, the company I ordered the gift from :)

    Anwesa - Yeah, sure ! You'll have to come to Kerala but ;)

    Suruchi - Thanks dear

    Bikram - Belated b'day wishes! Lol.. Way too late.. Happy new year as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Kajal and Nidz

    Mohan - Yup there is a certification program :) Thanks!

    Cna - Double thanks - for the profile pic compliment as well as the google cert wish :)

    Prasanna - Thanks :)

    Shubham - Thank you so much for nominating! Means a lot ! :) :)

    Shourav - Thank you, but I was here only :O

    Sawan - Oh aano.. Nalla kaaryam :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. congratulations on your success and also on the fact that god gave u a caring heart. Loved the gifts :) they are cute and so are people whom they are meant to be :)
    god bless them and u for more happiness and success in days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Coming here after a long time....:-)

    CONGRATS on clearing those exams!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Scribble away....!