Saturday, October 09, 2010

Reunited... and Some Updates

So after a break of 2 months, R and I are back together again. No, this is not the 'we were on a break!' that Ross kept screaming about in FRIENDS. It's just the same ol' story of long distance relationships not being long distance anymore.

I'm in UAE now and I can hear loud Indian music blasting out from my neighbourhood. It's a mixture of North and South Indian music and boy does it feel good! Everything is in walking distance (as opposed to my place in Kerala where you had to travel for a good 20 minutes to get anything that you require). I love my new apartment which is spacious enough for the both of us. And even better? After nearly 1 and a half years of using a really lame net connection where I had to wait for 5 minutes for a picture to load properly, I'm finally getting to use super fast Internet where an entire video finishes loading within a minute or so. This to a person who literally lives online is pure bliss!

In the next phase of my life, you'll see me cooking. No one ever was dependent on my cooking skills before, but now apparently someone is. I still don't know much when it comes to dishing out stuff, but I hope to God that R doesn't end up getting food poisoned or something ;) R.. it's time for you to be my guinea pig :D

23 comments:

Me-Era* said...

:D Cute lil post!

Enjoy! :)

Anirudh Induchudan said...

hi

Poornima said...

All the best with cooking! There are tonnes of 'online' recipe guides and videos to help you - but nothing works better than mom-0n-the-phone.

Melissa said...

i'm sure R will survive your cooking... ur in the best phase right now.... wonderful get to know each other and still love each other phase.... =)

♪♪HARINI♪♪ said...

Super fast internet? :P Now I'm jealous.
and lol @R being your guinea pig!

Rashmi said...

Great to know you are reunited! ;)

Well...welcome to UAE and the wifey club too!! see you soon! :)

Shanu said...

Yay..finally in Dubai :)

Keep us updated on ur experiments :)

Shanu said...

Cute header :)

Ria said...

Ha ha hope he survives. :P All the best to R from my side. And cheers to ur new life!!

enchantinganki said...

Your cooking skills will improve over time!! ( Hope so and prays for R :-P ) Ab practice is toh very important na..!! And who better than ur better half to experiment on :-P

Jon said...

Good luck and may you posper in Arabia...with lotsa kids

Sophia Ali said...

Finally :) And all the very best for your new phase of life...God bless!

Hit Wicked said...

Gud to hear you 2 are together again. 'Good News'.

Nidz said...

Good to hear it all DHANNU. Loadss more to come. All the best for happening life.

Madhu said...

besties on this new phase of being together..

and yeah do taste ur cooking before serving it to him..:P

Gaurav Kant Goel said...

:))

All the best!! :D

Mads said...

cute template <3

eeeeeeeeeee hi to jiju :D
and good luck to u both :|
:D :D :D

Sameera said...

Cooking experiments :]

Some handy tips:
First thing to ask is if the person you will be serving the food to i allergic to something. :P

Stock Noodles. Comes handy when the vegetables burn out.

lol!! I am sure you will do great. Good to know you are good. =]

Harshita said...

all the best for ur cooking experiments :D

Kunjal said...

hi Dhanya:)Congratulations !!! U got married.Yes I know its late but I was enagaged on personal front and was cut off with blog and to some extent to the world also ( I am a mother now).I missed your blogs all these days and will soon start up with the archives to get more details of your marraige.
P.S.: hope you recognize me:)

Pesto Sauce said...

Things are nearby in Muscat as well, no need to travel distances like India

Nyx said...

Hi,

This is probably the first time I am trying to communicate to you.

I have been reading you for quite sometime now... yes, we have loads of mutual friends. :)

It was great to know you got married, the birthday presents and stuff. And, even better to know you are with your husband in UAE.

May the almighty bless you with loads of happiness and love.

Aarthi.

Disturbia said...

:D
:D
blessings