Friday, March 19, 2010

How The Kids Are Taking It...


From my last post, you must have figured out how usually adults react after finding you're committed. Well, that's how the adults in my vicinity react anyway! So how well are the kids in my family taking it ?

Kid #1 - My Niece
Age - 8 Years

My niece always wanted me to hook up with someone whom SHE herself would like. I had already mentioned it months back here. It's heart warming to see that she gets along SO well with R. But yeah, she still finds it a lil difficult to digest the fact that now her mad aunt has a fiance.

I kind of made a rule that we (R and I) should hug each other before bidding adieu for the day, no matter who is present. And one fine day, my niece happened to be present alongwith me. We both gave her a wary look and decided to give the goodbye hug anyway. Mind you, it was JUST a hug! Her reaction?

'Yuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkk! Gross!'

I know I'm a lil psycho when it comes to these things, but I insist on a 'huggy' (that's how I say it) even if ADULTS are present. No one in my family is used to seeing hugs, and it was highly amusing to watch their reactions.

Mom (Looking upwards as if asking God to forgive us for our sins) - "Oh! You guys have reached this stage!"
Niece - "There they go again ! Ewwwwwww !!!!!"

Next morning? My niece comes up to me, pouts and says 'no huggyyy?' with a giggle. Great! Now my niece has started taunting me too....

Kids #2 and #3 - R's Nieces
Age - 2 and 7 years

I met R's two nieces few days back. They kept looking at me with keen eyes but weren't sure how to interact with me. After a lil bit of cajoling and cuddling, the ice was broken.

R (to the kids) - 'Now give your aunt a kiss!'

*Kids look at me all wide eyed and unsure*

R - 'Yeah! Go on! Like this... See!'

.... And he plants a peck on my cheek.

*Dhanya in total shock looks at R*

*R grins*

*Dhanya then looks anxiously towards the kids*

*2 year old niece has got one finger in her mouth as if trying to figure out what just happened*

*7 year old niece is blushing almost as much as Dhanya*

*Everyone ends up looking all confused and not facing each other... except R who was still enjoying the moment*

It's just so very amusing to watch the reactions of kids when it comes to welcoming new members into the family. It's not always hunky dory. Jealousy creeps in sometimes when they find out a total stranger is spending more time with their loved one. But the greatest feeling? When we come to know that we can all gel together as one big happy family with loads and loads of such good, funny and priceless moments to share. And boy oh boy, do I LOVE the surety of it all!

44 comments:

  1. offfoo.. so sweett.. gues u havin gr8 tym with R n kids.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy every moment yaar :)...kids make ur wedding more special with their confusion and sweet smiles :)...

    they will always be curious about more things..

    urs..hemu..

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute :D

    I still have ka's nephew to meet. hope that goes of well. :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I was just imagining the moments... *dhanya looks in total shock*... and *mum looks towards the heavens*. What fun :D.

    Well, ur family probably needs to brace themselves for much more public 'sins' ;). Which reminds me that in my case, we had a funnier scene the day after my hubby met my parents... As he left, he wrapped his arms around me and moved his face towards me. Me looks at him in shock (dad, mum watching, u see)... He awkwardly moves to plant a kiss, I swerve... And he finally saves himself (and me!) from the embarrassment, by landing on my forehead :D. After he leaves, *I* look towards the sky and my parents pretend as if they were afflicted with temporary blindness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!..What a lovey dovey post :) (I am repeating what you posted in my blog haha)...Never knew arranged marriage can be this interesting(I have a phobia for that)...

    The way kids react to adults lifestyle is very cute...enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ee..wow...

    kids are sweet and even the couple....
    guud to knw ur enjoying these lovely moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahem! I nw dealing with kids can be difficult but seriously chocolates tricks worked for me in many instances... sometimes it works for elders as well...

    *what a coincidence - listening to american baby right now* :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. he hee... yours sound much better... my nieces and nephews were happily snooping around to find out what 'we' were upto... lol...

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg!!those reactions were something....kids these days are so smart na! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehe kids feel shy. they think any physical closeness(even kiss n hug) are sinful deeds.
    they will like u n get used to things seeing around haha.. take care

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) i loved reading thru it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow..that was so sweet :)
    May God Bless You Both :)

    Takecare :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH U GUYS HUGGED n KISSED??? :P tHATS AMAZINGG!!!

    ithu angu paranja porey..??veruthe pillere okke konduvannu.. :P

    Paavam ente aliyan.. :(

    Love,
    Nikhil

    ReplyDelete
  14. hugs n kisses hmmm.... too cute... amar n I did this too... the challenge is doing it when u wanna kill him =P... n trust me those days do come...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Uh my little sister is growing up and she is loving it!

    Good luck!

    The kids are so cute, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ankita10:23 PM

    haha..i just could not stop laughing..tats so sweet
    :-)

    Tats some priceless moments indeed..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww such a cute post.

    **Touchwood**

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol@nikhil's comment! :D

    And sweet post chechi! :* a peck by me too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. how sweet ;)

    hehe... I want to meet the kids.. and u can spend ur time hugging R :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. choooo chweet... :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. and now i am starting to believe that being single is a SIN

    ReplyDelete
  22. thats so sweet dhanys...so cute too..:) its amusing and amazing how kids interpret what adults do..:) innocence personified!

    ReplyDelete
  23. yuuuuccckkk!! Gross!!!!

    Did ur niece really say that??!!! :O :D Wonder wat my niece will say if and when i will b having such moments.. Lol.. :D

    U have a lovely blog girl.. cud identify with most of ur posts.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. very sweet and touching

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ha ha....that was cute..Wis u the best friend n treasure those moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. hahahahaha!!!! :D :D :D This post was sooooooo sweeeet Dhanya!! LOL. R is smart haan!! :P :D :D Nice!! :) Loved it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. ooh maai goooddd!! this place is getting mushier and mushier :D ingane poyal ivide vallathum nadakkum :) hmm nikhil paranjathu pole karyam paranja pore, verutheyirtikkunna pilere enthina budhimuttikkunne?? :P
    lot of love happening huh??? gud gud :) god bless u both and god save ur family :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. As is said, there's smthing for everyone during a wedding. I love the pic!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hehe I knowwwww how the jealous thing come in the way when a new member enters the family!!! :)
    Such a sweet post! =D
    And soo cute of R to teach the kid how to kiss :P ♥
    full on loveeeeee :)

    Bless you both!! >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh wow... i think u can convert all ur posts of this blog and publish a book..I bet it will be a sure shot HIT....

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aww that's an adorable post :) I love your 'huggy' rule :) The kids will get used to it and when you have a fight they will remind you to hug and make up :)

    And little nieces don't just blush, they can make you blush too :) Mine once made a public announcement, we were to go to a beach and my 8 year old told the entire extended family that I borrowed my new husband's razor to shave my legs :|

    ReplyDelete
  32. Pria - Yes I am :)

    Hemu - I second that :D

    ki - When are you going to meet them ??

    Shikha - Hahaha :D So sweet! I can totally identify with the situation ;)

    Ams - Thanks dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sagarika - See! Arranged marriages aren't so bad ;) And I found this out only lately :P

    Big Omi - Aha @ chocolates ! Thank you for the idea ;)

    Arv - Understandable ;)

    Ria - Totally! Coz of too much TV perhaps ? :P

    Nidz - Yeah, they feel shy and the shy reactions are so amusing and cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Seher - Thanks :)

    SatyU - Thank youuu! :D

    Nikhs - Phaaaa ! It wouldn't make much of an interesting post then, would it ? :P

    Mona - Whoa :D Dreading those days now :|

    Ramit bhai - The kids are damn cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Shanu - Thankings :)

    Ankita - Hai na :D Thanks for agreeing ;)

    Meera kutty - Thanks a lot ! :)

    Harshi - Or we all can do a group hug! :D

    Communi - Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Chriz - Yeah it's a SIN! :P Go get someone ;)

    Madhu - Yup yup. Innocence personified indeed :D

    Sangitha - And is that day near ? ;)

    sm - thank u :)

    Shas - Thanks a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Acula - Yeah he's a smart ass :D Thanks :)

    Sawan - Onnum nadakillaaaa ! Endammo :O :)

    lostworld - Thanks :)

    Estheru - Lol @ teaching kids how to kiss :P *Embarrassed*

    I'll try to be truthful - Thanks :)

    Suree - That was the biggest compliment ever! :D

    Indianhomemaker - Hahaha :D :D Poor youuuuu :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. awww...thts sooo cutee...!!!

    first time here...loved it

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks Dido. Keep visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hehehee so cute!!!!!
    R seems to sweet too! :P

    ReplyDelete
  41. Na re.. time inte.. im still a kutty na.. :P :D

    ReplyDelete
  42. Kids can be pretty expressive.....

    ReplyDelete
  43. LOL!! :) Happy for you Dhans :))

    ReplyDelete

Scribble away....!