Wednesday, August 05, 2009

You...


You used to annoy me when we were kids and I thought you were a snob back then.

You became more caring, protective and loving as years passed by which was when I started liking you... in that special way.

You won over my entire family in a matter of days. Even my niece started preferring you to me!

You were remorseless when we played football or carroms even though you knew I sucked at both. But somehow that just made me like you more..

You went against your own mature self sometimes to entertain the kiddo side of me which included running around the whole house for no reason at all!

You used to go all dumbstruck and wide eyed whenever I got angry and that expression was so cute it made me smile no matter how pissed off I was at you.

You used to make silly excuses to come visit me at my place. I used to make even sillier excuses to visit your’s.

You used to hate it when ma pampered you by giving you a huge glass of horlicks each time you visited coz she felt you had become too weak from living all alone. But you drank it nonetheless coz you didn’t want to upset her.

You believed in PDA (public display off affection) and used to blow across kisses even in a room which was filled with relatives.

Your eyes wouldn’t stop scanning the whole room until you spotted me during those family get togethers.

You were right there at the airport to greet me with a wide smile when I made my first trip ever at my own expense (even skipping work against my manager’s wishes) just coz you were too caught up with work in another part of the world and I wanted to see you.

You knew that your intelligence on a wide variety of subjects and your ability to talk about anything under the sun impressed me no end and for this very same reason you used to enter into hi-funda debates to leave me all flabbergasted! I would scan newspapers word by word and even started keeping NDTV on 24x7… just to keep at pace with you.

Your hug used to make me feel that I was safe and shielded from all the bad things in this world… even though my head only reached till your chest while u did so and I had to tilt my head slightly to avoid suffocation.

Your presence and your smile was enough to make my day.


There are so many memories still alive..
Someday, I hope they will just die…
But right now I am not sad at all
I’m just left with a smile when I remember those times… before the fall.



Few days ago you told me that you miss me and even tried to lower my defence stating your health problems. All I felt was void. A very big one at that.

But yes, it does feel nice to be missed.

I miss you too… in a way. I mean, it’s hard not to miss or completely ignore a person who you have known for almost 20 years of your life, right?


Juno seems right at the moment -


Here is the church and here is the steeple
We sure are cute for two ugly people
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you...

The pebbles forgive me,
The trees forgive me
So why can't, you forgive me?
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you...

I will find my nitch in your car
With my mp3 DVD rumple-packed guitar
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you...

Up up down down left right left right B A start
Just because we use cheats doesn't mean we're not smart
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you...

You are always trying to keep it real
I'm in love with how you feel
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you...

We both have shiny happy fits of rage
You want more fans, I want more stage
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you...

46 comments:

  1. Wow.. dhanya u wrote it so wel..
    each line was emotion in itself..
    very touching, infact i was able to relate..
    its true its nt good to miss ppl, i hav realised it sometime back, n fighting every bit to make sure that i dont..nymore..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heart felt lines HEH???

    who is that u r missing

    ReplyDelete
  4. very touching.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very touching.. excellent..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow am i missing out on sumtin here?

    hmmm who is this mystery U ??

    from all you have written sum1 very special at that Gosh its lovely to have grown up 2gethr :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) cutest post I've ever come across Dhanya :)

    First time in your space and love this so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE.. though I did not understand who YOU meant whole through?? :)

    Nikhil

    ReplyDelete
  9. You went against your own mature self sometimes to entertain the kiddo side of me

    You used to make silly excuses to come visit me at my place

    PDAs


    good points every1 to go with



    And this article is sm kinda confusing....cant get that WHO....!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how thoughtful!!loved the way u described every single thing..20 yrs??long time..n its so tough to 4gt sm1 whom u have been so close to once..
    lovd it gurl!!
    take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmm.... today is rakhi - so this cd be a cousin bro whoz close to u :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully xpressed :)

    God bless u and your "you" with many more beautiful memories..

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very nice expression thinking of the one you miss. :)
    very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. pure emotions... hope the 'you' understands them too...

    take care...

    cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautifully written Dhanya...

    ..sent this to the same person.....the person will b happy reading this

    ReplyDelete
  16. awwww.. awww..
    awwwwie.. this post is soo soo very cute..

    and this song by mouldy peaches is my favoritest :D


    LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thats very sweet!

    http://ektakhetan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow u wrote so well....

    hats off to u

    Great Work!!

    Pallav

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clearly whoever 'you' is has left a beautiful imprint in your life. :) This post is written so eloquently. I enjoyed reading every single 'you'.

    "Your eyes wouldn’t stop scanning the whole room until you spotted me"

    Ooh and then the butterflies in the tummy that you feel after your eyes meet. Heh. Beautiful, beautiful Dhanya.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i want the person whoever u wrote about :O it sounds like a guy and such a witty,smart, dude types guy :O

    such a cute post, Dhanya :D I read it twice :)
    Well written...and kindly disclose who it is or i will tease u with imaginary guys/girls openly on FB :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. such a beaytifully expressed post!!
    n the 'you' seems a gem:))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Madzzi,I ll shoo you away if u dare make fun of my sister on FB.. :D even though she din call me on rakhi or never even sent me one,it doesn't mean u can take advantage of that poor kid.. :P

    and its best if u dun do..if u want,u can tell me and I 'll handle it.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. LISTEN!! this is adorable!! i want to hug you for having written so beautifully!! awww..cant get over :)
    and the song i lurrvve totally!!
    hugs hugs hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LISTEN!! this is adorable!! i want to hug you for having written so beautifully!! awww..cant get over :)
    and the song i lurrvve totally!!
    hugs hugs hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wowwww.. this is awesome :) read it twice thrice.. and it still feels like reading again :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope 'you' realises how much (s)he means to Dhanya. :|

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very well written..awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. There is no fall and Memories are precious treasures of the time-keeper. Dreams are meant to come True!

    And they will. Wait till you realize and relish those cherished moments again. Reliving doesn't mean you want them to die. It will reappear, so that you can bask under the glory again.

    Life doesn't give the same kind of *You* s for everyone. You are special in a way. The gift of missing someone is the biggest of all.

    Hope the Smile widens and makes a meteoric rise even after the fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. dhanno thats so touching...really is...loved it to bits...very heartfelt and very beautiful...sad but not the tear jerker kind... :)

    The person u miss is very lucky u miss him/her so much..coz not a lotta people miss a lotta people that way.

    Its very wonderful..very sweet..very loving...its very U

    luv
    amith

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH my goodness. I become all numb whenever i read/see/hear anything so touchy touchy.
    Thats what I am right now.
    Dont know what to say but i HAVE to say something..

    I can always comment on the beautiful way that you've written this one. Loved every bit of it.

    I wish even I had someone like this in my life since my childhood. :(

    This was just fabulous. You definately deserve a round of applause. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow..this a very beautiful piece of work Dhanya :)
    Seriously...felt that every word is so pure coated with true emotions.
    Loved it :)

    Takecare
    Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. … You believed in PDA (public display off affection) and used to blow across kisses even in a room which was filled with relatives.


    exceptional!

    all sweetness and i loved it all!

    there is a fire in me.
    my heart is beating inconsistently!

    love u :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. woo personal post.. Just two words
    TAKE CARE!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This post relates to me =P
    Erm, are we soul sisters? =P

    LOVED IT! =P

    Keep smiling

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  35. First visit!
    Juno definitely seemed right for it. That person was definitely very very special.
    Reminded me of a very special friend I had too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. really cute post.. :)
    loved it

    ReplyDelete
  37. I absolutely loved this post... whoever it was meant for... its perfect... beautiful... :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. So, not getting married to your "Bachpan ka pyaar?"

    Even your niece approves.

    Oh wait now you feel a big void eh?

    Humans are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  39. hats off dhanya...i was sucked into this post n amazed at your ability to infuse life into ur words...guess when its a page from your life, it always does reflect! Amazing one! Loved it to the core!

    Kalakki mole(cant add "dinesha" coz of gender issues)! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  40. i love the article! its very well written... the usage of words, the expressions and feelings just flow ... its amazing!!

    this is the first article that i have read written by you.. and i am in complete awe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Anonymous12:39 PM

    lovely...and super cool dhanya..i have been reading all your posts from d past few days(im so free at offc)..nd for this one i could not stop me from commenting..wish i too had such "you" in my life..though late i have such people in my life now..thanks..now i can use some of ur words to express my love for them..bhanu

    ReplyDelete

Scribble away....!