I have been tagged again! And to think Ramya thought I wouldn’t take it up. Actually she’s right. I am too busy nowadays
doing facebook quizzes with life to take up these tags. But I will do it anyway…. coz it’s fun to do things that people assume you will not! :D
4 places i have lived
1. Kerala – Who am I to say anything about God’s own country? Lively place, lively people. It’s all good! I did my 3rd grade here (due to some problems in the gulf) and I’m so glad I spent an entire year of my schooling in Kerala for it's in that one year that I learnt how to read and write fluently in my mother tongue. This is something which I feel would have been impossible had I done my entire schooling in Bahrain. Later on, I did my engineering in Kerala and those 4 years only made me love this place even more.
2. Bahrain – My home away from home. The place where I got all the freedom I wanted. Studied in Indian School, Bahrain (ISB) till 12th grade and after engineering, went back to work for two years.
3. Sharjah – My sis stays there so we just pay those occasional visits.
4. Chennai – Some of my relatives are in Chennai, but it has been a long time since I visited.
4 TV shows I like the most
1. Mind Your Language – All about how an English teacher tries his level best to teach the Queen’s language to his foreign students. Students include a housewife from India who addresses Mr. Brown as ‘Masterjee’, a devoted Sikh who constantly picks up fights with his Pakistani classmate and on being corrected folds his hands and offers ‘a thousand apologies’, a Hungarian who doesn’t know a word of English and says ‘Bochanot?’ (Hungarian for sorry) every time Mr.Brown asks him a question, and one from Greece who adds an ‘H’ to almost every English word he utters(eg: Hokay for okay). Total timepass!
2. Friends – Chandler & Monica rock! End of topic.
3. The X-Files – Yes, I love this show inspite of the effect it has on me after watching each episode. :(
4. Everybody loves Raymond – And I do too! I love the interaction between Raymond and his brother. Cute but hilarious!
4 places on vacation
1. Singapore – Why do parents take you to such exotic locations when you’re too small and indifferent to remember even a single damn thing ?
2. Bangalore – Short trip. Commercial street. Shopping. Friends. Bliss!
3. Goa – Again with friends. Nice beaches and loadsa fun! :D
4. Ooty & Kodai – Whenever family mentions ‘vacation’, this is where we end up going.
4 of my fav food
1. Junk food (McDee's, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Pizza Hut.. I miss you all! :()
2. Mom's chicken curry (MmmmMMmmMMmm)
3. Bro in law's special prawns fry
4. Carrot halwa made by chech
5. Prawn pickle made by aunt (looks like I have an addiction to prawns here?)
6. Dal makhani
7. This Goan sweet called bebinca (love at first taste!)
8. Kaalan, aviyal, olan (all south Indian)
9. Chilly chicken, Sweet and sour chicken, garlic chicken (all Chinese)
10. Shawarma, falafel, baklava (all mid-eastern food)
Ok ok.. I got carried away... I will stop right here...
4 websites you visit daily
4 places I would rather be
Other than Kerala...
1. Australia - Looks like a nice place... (ignoring all the racism)
2. London – coz according to Anu, it’s a place meant for stuck up people and I believe I’m one ;)
3. Bahrain – No explanations needed.
4. Bangalore – Simply. For fun. :D
4 things I hope to do before I die
1. Learn the guitar – I have already found out a place nearby offering lessons, so fingers crossed.
2. Travel a lot
3. Go bungee jumping! (YES!)
4. Marry someone who is RICH (If a future prospect is seeing this, I am just kidding! But yeah, you do have enuff money to afford a net connection don't you ? I need to blog you see :D)
4 novels you wish you were reading for the first time
1. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert – Highly recommended for all girls.
2. Like a flowing river by Paulo Coelho – The short stories are SO inspirational.
3. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom – Gifted by my first boss! Love this book…
4. A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks – Boy meets girl, a romantic twist and a nice ending. *Sigh*
4 movies I can see over and over
1. Andaaz Apna Apna – ‘Yeh raat aur yeh doori’ video rocks!!!! The most hilarious Hindi movie I have ever seen….
2. Kal Ho Naa Ho – The first half of the movie, that is. Don’t like the super emotional second half.
3. Dil Hain Ke Maanta Nahin – Just coz it’s so cute.
4. Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge – Everyone’s favorite is mine too!
I finished! I finished! Any more tags ? Huh ? Huh ? :D *Looks expectantly at you all*