Monday, March 02, 2009

Hell down under ?


That happens to be the punch line for MTV Roadies. Like I had mentioned a hundred (or hundred plus one) times before, I totally abhor soaps on TV. So I am left with very little entertainment options. Watching reality shows like Roadies is like watching a movie (based on a true story) with numerous twists and turns! The contestants get sick of each other by the end and instead of crying like in soaps they end up throwing abuses at each other (Aaah! What a relief!).


What makes it funkier is the presence of Raghu Ram, the man responsible for Roadies. He's so damn rude. I have no idea if he's just faking it all up, but he does fake it pretty well. When he starts talking all I can hear on TV is the *beep* *beep* *beep* sound and the screwed up faces of the contestants. Sometimes I wish we could *beep* out all the things we don't want to hear in real life too.





As if Raghu Ram isn't enough, he's got a twin who looks exactly like him! Twin terrors! Their main hobby is to create hell for the roadies. The contestants had to do the most unforgiving tasks like walking on crushed glass pieces with three pots on the head, play pool under water, dance in front of group of villagers who were given tomatoes to throw in case their dance sucked and even made to eat laxatives after having a hearty meal....



Oh by the way, I do not get NDTV Imagine here. So I dunno what Radhaa and her teen betiyaan are up to :-( I miss mona and the way she says 'Mamaaaaaa' terribly! Do convey my wishes to them just in case you happen to watch em on tv.....