Monday, March 09, 2009

The Best Dressed Lady For The Week!

Ok, I was supposed to post this two days ago. But damn... got stuck with some things. This week, I decided to select someone in traditional wear. And what better than our very own 'sari' ? Plus, I am a big fan of people who can drape the sari 'well'. That 'well' is in a single quote coz not many celebrities do that nowadays. I am not a fan of 'show your assets' kind of sari draping. So Katrina Kaif was certainly ruled out :D No offence here to KK fans. Also, another reason for looking around for a person in sari was that I was getting kind of tired of our Bolly gals parading around in gowns. I was going to choose Kangana Ranaut in her black gown (Filmfare awards 08) but then that would have been like a repetition of my previous.


This time I am opting for Kareena Kapoor (another KK) in her white Manish Malhotra creation which she wore for FF Awards 08. Though I feel she's getting kinda repetitive with the type of saris she's wearing, I still think she looks gorgeous in this. Well, compared to other 'bare all' stuff I saw anyway!




P.S : I wish I could have uploaded a bigger pic. This small pic doesn't actually do justice to the work on the sari. But alas, my connection doesn't allow me to do so!

19 comments:

  1. Its good to see that the 'Sarees' have not lost their place amidst the rapidly mutating fashion frenzy :)

    Have a nice evening... cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo i totaly agree about this drape thing... nt many can do it.. n yea kareena is kinda repetive.. i didnt like aish's saree it was too tacky...

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was good to see bebo in saree :)...nice color to :)..

    urs..hemu..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooh !! LOVE the saree !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) kareena's looking better nowadays since she's out of the "look at me I'm size zero " phase .

    i liked aishwarya's sari too ( that was a first)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe if worn graciously sari is the most elegant dress and yes Karena is looking gorgeous in beautiful white sari.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with u on the draping WELL part. It's disgusting to see women exposing so comfortably under the most classic wear ever. Kareena looks good in this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhhhhhhh sari...its like d ultimate seduction tool a woman has...sigh!!!

    n for a change must say ms kapoor is lookin good...thou i still think its not her but d sari

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your "best dressed woman" posts.. Bebo looks ravshing in this!!! And she seems to have draped it without any flaws! Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. personaly i don't like kareena much but both the sisters looks good in saree...a costume which requires good care to drape and needs a lot of attention t carry one in it!
    Had my eyes popped out when Anna kournikova tried a bluew silk saree ..she was just awsome and saree really suit tall gals ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi,nice blog..!!! nice post indeed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great in this sari ..... Nice blog .... Need to catch up on other posts as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. of late, Kareena looks awesome.... I feel this look is better than that of her size zero figure :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i agree!!
    she is looking gorgeous though repetitive!

    www.enchantinganki.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Agree totally...she looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  16. kareena fully covered?

    i am shocked.. really shocked...

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like this....saree does justice to indian women :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Arv - Lol@ mutating fashion frenzy! So true..

    @Phoenix- I didnt like Ash's saree either. It was simple, but something was missing :(

    @Sameera - Thanks a lot! Keep visiting :)

    @Shanks - Even I don't like Kareena much! I liked her better prior to her size zero days. She looked better then.

    @Prajyot and Rahul - Thankew! :)

    @Poorna - Yup, she looked soooo anorexic before. Though she hated to admit it ;)

    @Chriz - Hahah. I think I would be more shocked when I see Bips fully covered :D

    @Meghna - Yup! East or west, Saree is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. liked this post...and liked the pic of kareena :)
    i lovedddddd katrina and wat she was wearing :P :P :P

    ReplyDelete

Scribble away....!