Sunday, November 09, 2008

Transitions

It always feels terrible to get out of one's comfort zone. But as everyone knows, you can't achieve anything unless you get out of it. Change of phases always bring me a great discomfort. Eventually, I do end up liking them.

When I was in school, I was damn sure I will never like college. First of all, I had to go to Kerala and talk to my classmates in Malayalam. It's not that I don't know the language, but if you use some high funda words I will look as if I was just given a time bomb. I would never get to interact with small, cute 6-7 year olds like in school, who were just so carefree, enthusiastic and in love with life. I would never get to eat chicken mayo sandwich from ISB canteen. And on top of that, I had to wear a sad looking churidhar (my uniform) which didn't suit me at all.

If I sound like an arrogant NRI know-it-all, well... yes, that was me in the beginning. That lasted until I came to know... the others knew much more than me :P I slowly started liking the place. I started liking the milkshakes (only thing worth having from college canteen). By the end of my fourth year, I was completely in love with it.

After my fourth year, I was damn sure I wouldn't like going to work. Too much responsibilities. Too much headache. And you can't sleep during work hours. When I started to work... it didn't turn out so bad. The money earning part I just loveeeee :D The financial independence is just awesome.

Now its almost time for my next transition and I feel the same discomfort. Maybe all this uneasiness is for the good, as proved in the past. Though I think this transition phase is a lil harder than the other ones I went through because there is a lot more pressure, a lot more of disappointments.. and you are just looking desperately for that lil iota of hope and happiness.

Sometimes, I just wish I could go back to my childhood days and start things all over again...

But then...this is what life is all about.