Sunday, October 05, 2008

Eat, Pray, Love....

The holidays were great to say the least. The only thing I had to concentrate on (since my mom is back) is eating, sleeping and some more eating and sleeping. I must have put on atleast one kilo from all the biriyanis, KFCs and pizzas. But then again... who cares about weight gain? I feel so happy and healthy! Touchwood...

We also went out quite a bit this time around. Almost every day... which is saying quite a lot since my parents are not the outdoorsy types. But sadly all good things have to come to an end :*( My holidays are over and getting back to work isn't exactly something to cheer about. Oh well..

If you are into reading nowadays (I am for the past few days) I would suggest 'Eat, Pray, Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert. I just started reading and am loving every page of it. I remember I had posted 'The Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde within' some time ago (too lazy to search for it and add the link here). Its all about the conflict of the mind and the red pump inside. I am restraining from using the word 'heart' again because that word somehow only triggers off only one thing 'Oh! Dhanya is in love. Talking about hearts and all'. And seriously, I do get that a lot. Maybe its the age I am in or maybe its cos people think I like to be mysterious about such stuff. But believe me, I would be the first one to cry from the rooftops if something so magical was supposed to happen. Anyhow, getting back to the topic. Yes, so I am going to just refer to 'it' as the red pump.

So she explains how her mind is saying something and the pump is pumping out different signals. The confusion arises. Haven't we all been there ? The confusing state of self. Now, when it gets too desperate you end up turning to God and the voice within always answers. The voice. That topic deserves a different post altogether. For Elizabeth Gilbert, the voice offered her comfort, love, and understanding. A 'I love you no matter what you do or say' message. The stuff you want to hear from your near and dear ones. And she would just calm down hearing it. I totally identified with that.

I feel strongly (like her) that God is within you. Close to your heart. The inner voice is God. Whenever I am depressed, I just ask Him a frenzy of desperate questions and He always gets me to calm down somehow. Sometimes its just a 'Go to sleep, Dhanya'. And that sometimes is the best thing to do. 'Go to sleep and we will think about it tomorrow when your head isn't so heavily cluttered'. In the morning, it always does get better. The matters which hurt me yesterday, always feels kinda silly in the morning and I might not even think about it after that.

I guess the book just intensified the spirituality within me. So just had to share my thoughts with you guys.

God bless! ;-)