Saturday, October 18, 2008

Beauty treatments... the bizarre way!

The things we women do to take care of ourselves. Grooming is very essential, of course, but if you are bored of the conventional techniques you can always discover new ones. Check some of them out:

Carp cleaning away the crap


I clearly remember, during my childhood days, how I used to dip my feet inside the pond at my mom's place. These small tiny fishes used to flock around my feet giving a really ticklish feeling. I thought they would eat up my whole leg, so never kept my feet beneath the water for too long. Apparently, they are only eating away the dead cells.


A salon in the US called Yvonne is now using this technique for it clients. Yes, as a form of pedicure! The fish being used is tiny and toothless called the Doctor Fish. Since they are toothless, they can't bite off the live skin (thank God) and instead feed on the dead cells instead.


Now I know what to do when I reach Kerala. Set up a salon near the pond! Interested, anyone ? ;)


Venom on my skin ?


Snakes. Venoms. The words itself induce a shiver down my spine. And to put snake venom on the skin ? E-W-W. But its true. It has some anti-aging properties which leaves the skin smooth and wrinkle free. Its there in some creams (Ultra Lux 9 products) which are used even by celebrities. For more details, please contact Gwyneth Paltrow.


Slimy Face Creams


Slime from snails.

Used in face creams.

Good for acne, scars and stretch marks.

Will not be explaining this further. Disgusted already.


And the last but definitely not the least gross-est, presenting to you...


Placental Cream


Human placenta, people! Even sheep's. The most controversial one coz of the human factor involved. Also, the most effective one (as pledged by those who use it) for its hydrating, sun protecting, cell renewal properties. To see the best of its type, visit http://www.emkplacental.com/.


If by the end of all this you feel like puking, please go ahead. I will not stop you. Hope you find out many more ways to accentuate your beauty!