Monday, December 10, 2007

Immobile

Here I am!! It's me again. Wondering every now and then if I was born at the wrong time, at the wrong place.. even in the wrong planet maybe? A time when a single text message or a call to your parents is assumed as a text or a call to that 'special someone'. For pete's sake, can't a girl make a call to her parents without getting teased at ???

Person1 : Aaaaaaah!!!! You calling someone *wink wink**grin**wink*
Me: *glaring & highly irritated* yeah my dad...
Person1 : (wink and glare disappears. Instead the shocked expression takes its place. Calling parents from one's mobile phone is unheard of perhaps??) Oh! ok dear.. you carry on....

Person2 : Oooooh!!!! Messaging someone *wink wink**grin**wink*
Me : yeah my sister...
Person2 : Yeah! Yeah! Everyone tells that.... *wink wink*
Me : (cursing heavily under breath) Seriously man!!!
Person2 : haan haan.... go on... let me not disturb u....
Me : (losing control) WHY CAN'T A GIRL JUST MESSAGE HER FAMILY MEMBERS????
Person2 : oh.. so you are single ? Hmm... *grin*.. So whats your mobile number?? (puts on the most fake smile ever seen)

You can't really blame these people. I might be the only one using the mobile phone purely for the intention of contacting family members. I suck at keeping in touch with friends through the phone. Seriously speaking, am allergic to phone calls. It's hard to believe. But it's true. I prefer talking face to face. My close friends have learnt it the hard way, but they still like me ...

I hope....