Wednesday, December 19, 2007

As Another Year Goes By..

It's kind of scary to know how fast a year can go by. It just seems like yesterday when I was blogging in my previous workplace. Here I am now, not any wiser but in a different job and with no time left for blogging. Almost every other day, I get complimented on how 'funny' and 'weird' (don't know if that is a compliment... but I would like to keep it that way) my blog is and that I should be writing more regularly.

It is not because of a writer's block. In fact, I don't think I will ever get one. Will always have something to write about be it totally rubbish or entirely philosophical. But being the lazy bum that I am, my fingers refuse to move.

So first of all, I like to thank all those people who have had the time to visit my small little personal space and who have shared their views with me. I feel even more encouraged when some of them say things like how reading my blog brings a smile to their faces. Thank you so much! :-)

Looking back on this almost ending year, I don't have much to recount as far as personal improvements are concerned. But I do know I have managed to take things as it comes be it disappointments or happiness without dwelling on it for a long time. Other than that, I had dedicated quality time to a hobby I was always interested in - designing. From designing posters to finding the perfect design for my website, I am giving my bit to everything. Of course, I haven't made them public yet. Just for my own creative satisfaction.

It's during December that I usually look back on how the year went. Few days left and you just can't help but remember all the things that happened to you through the span of a year. And that it happened all so fast! All the gatherings, the funny moments, frustrations, sadness.... all your emotions have found its way into your life within 365 days. It almost looks like as if your life in 12 months is planned in such a way so that each sentiment would fit in one day or the other. Of course you would rather have only the 'happy' memories. But that's just the way life is. You just have to live, enjoy, learn and let go without any regrets.

The festive part of this time of the year is infectious. In spite of being a Hindu, I totally enjoy the spirit of Christmas. The decorations, the Xmas tree, the carols... all heavenly.

I haven't made any resolutions for the new year. But I am really looking forward to it. One thing is for sure - 2008 is going to be an eventful year for me! So maybe by this time next year, I will have more things to write about ;)

Happy Holidays Everyone!